Tuesday, January 7, 2014

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT BLOG: Don't read it lightly. Words from my Methodist Minister. 5 REGRETS AT THE END OF LIFE

As we begin our new year, it is routine to think about our "routines".  People who are in the sunset of life have been questioned about what they regret the most in their lives.  These are the 5 top regrets expressed by a large survey of people in Hospice.  Makes me rethink and reorganize and Reboot MY life for the coming year, and hopefully for my existence on this planet.  And, I hope it affects how YOU think about your life and purpose on this earth.

1. Living my life at the expectations of others, rather than at my own expectations.

2. More courage to express myself.

3. Would keep in touch with good friends.  Think of all the areas of life that good friends just disappear.

4. Let myself be happy.  Happiness is a choice.

5. I wish I hadn't worked such long hours and so hard.

May we reboot our life in faith, and spare us from regrets.

This is a painting that has just been placed in Lay Away by a lady who lives her life with the choice of happiness and at her own expectations.

1 comment:

Margie Whittington said...

Very thoughtful post dear Ann.
Thank you for this inspiration!