Friday, September 19, 2014

Are You a Procrastinator?

I listen at various art meetings and functions such as the Grapefest to the awful tales of woe of the state of the economy and bad art sales.  This usually means that people shut down their production or just procrastinate.  Find myself quoting (loosely) Winston Churchill who says something like Success is not final.  Failure is not fatal. It's the determination to continue that counts.

Last year was the best year I've ever had just because I worked harder, worked hopefully smarter, and thus sold more.  The emphasis is not on quantity of paintings, but quality.  Find myself being more and more critical, with a good eye, on each piece of work.  A work is kept on the working block until it meets my standard or it is destroyed and I start over.

Had fun with this piece.  My daughter in law, Amy, has the piece in the back ground hanging in her bathroom.  Wanted to see if I could make toilet paper look pretty.


No comments: